Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More Random

Kim sure types a lot.

Victor showed us a web page where he can download software for free. When I thought about it, this made sense. Why should the people of the Ukraine pay license fees? It appears that someone buys a copy of windows 7 and makes it available to everyone in the country for download. They do this with American movies and music too. Comrade, do you have a license for that software? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

The money in the Ukraine is called hryvnias (pronounced greevnas). At the bottom of the 200 hryvnias bill is what looks like the number 11. I payed a bill the other day with one of these ‘11’ hryvnias bills. By counting the 200 as 11, I left a tip of about 200% instead of just over 10%. They tip 10% in the Ukraine. When we left the restaurant, the waitress was very pleased with us. I thought that was funny considering that the tip I left was just over 10%. I realized my mistake the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment